Alright, it is soon after my 23rd birthday on this crazy planet. And I am feeling old.
Learned a lot… I thought that I must share some gyan with this world. Its best to hear experience speak, right?
So, today if I were to turn around and give commandments to myself, this is what it would turn out as –
1. It doesn’t really matter to anyone else other than you, what you do with your life. Use this time on Earth to live.
2. Sleep is important. Really.
3. You can choose to study. You can choose to quit academics. Just make sure you follow your calling.
4. Yes, identify your calling in life. That’s really tough, because you first need to look for it.
5. Grape juice + white shirt + driving = disaster. Helmet + riding = bad for hairstyle, good for the head.
6. Kindergarten is not the best phase of life. You will hardly remember it when you grow up. College is the most exciting, even more than high school.
7. Enjoy late night walks, and late night rides near a local beach. Trust me on this, you will really really miss it when you cannot.
8. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have a boyfriend / girlfriend. Just don’t put up with shit.
9. Use Gmail, Facebook and twitter when you can. Gives a sense of being wanted in this world, even if it is just a quiz invitation/sale promotion.
10. Have friends. Make lots of them. They come free. Almost.
11. Write. Read. Watch Korean movies.
12. Laugh insane at least once a week. Cry at least once a month. That keeps you sane.
13. Browse, stalk. Just don’t hurt people.
14. The number of books in your personal library is an indication of how out of tune you are with the real, happening world. I learned this late.
15. Get up to date with news. Go global.
16. Travel. Even if that means walking to pick up vegetables. You will miss that when you are old with arthritis.
17. Music. Just. nothing. like. it.
18. Do something crazy. Don’t kill yourself or anyone else doing it.
19. Pray. Meditate. Even if you are an atheist, God need not be the only God. There are other things called passions.
20. Badminton is a great way to stretch those muscles. So are most of the other games.
21. Contemplate. Star gaze. That’s the only time we connect to our inner selves and outer realms.
22. Take a ride in a city bus/train. Its okay with the crowd. You need these experiences.
23. Beautiful dresses and favorite colors are mutually exclusive. Accept the fact.
24. Your neighbor will be crazy. Learn to live with it. You might turn lucky and be crazier than them.
25. Murphy’s laws are open-source. They best describe the world.
27. What you earn today is no measure of how much happy you can be.
28. The teacher you loathe might turn out to be your role model a few years later.
29. An enemy can become a friend. It happened to me. A friend can be near yet miles away. This did too.
30. Eat. Exercise. Respect your body temple.
31. It is none of your business what anyone else does with their life. Learn to keep advices to yourself.
32. Read a lot of quotes. Someday, the crap you say might hit it.
33. It is acceptable to email your roommate to ask if they can set aside an hour of the weekend for cleaning. Even if she is across the room right then. Email is a way to maintain a transcript of information. Sometimes, insist on emails.
34. Its okay for your blog posts to contradict with each other. That is a measure that you are changing, and change is always for the good. This relates to the growing entropy of the universe. Its complicated.
35. Look out for more. Wisdom is all around this world. Open your ears, eyes and shut that mouth. Talk less, please.
36. Everyone has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Not everyone has googled it though.